Pages

Can I take your Sanity?

For this session, we did two things: levelled up our Rifts characters, followed by a game of Mansions of Madness, one of the expansions. The GM had had a bad day, so he was definitely in the mood to inflict pain on us - but first, getting us into a false sense of security by being nice.

We got the clues, were doing okay, and when the character with the silver tablet was making a run for the exit, hell broke loose ... quite literally. And then we all failed horribly and the GM won. It was a fun session. :D

Courtesy of Wednesday 16 October 2013's Rifts roleplaying and Mansions of Madness boardgame session at Chimera.


“How’s work going?”
“Okay.”
“He says, with less enthusiasm.”

“I just thought … does that mean Taz the Tasmanian devil was a Cthulhu monster?”

“A wizard who can’t cast a spell is called poor.”

“Look at you, memorising AD&D spell components.”

“What offensive spells do you have?”
“OFFensive?”
“Yeah, spells that are rude and unpleasant.”

“Next level is where the Cyber-Knight gets insane against normal weapons.”
“InsanER.”

“Wow, no saving throw. Sold!”

“Sub-particle Acceleration.”
“Be you own CERN.”

“There’s a game you’re meant to be running! Run it!”

“Do I use an action to dodge or do I take a minimum of 500 instant death damage? I think I’ll roll.”

And while we were playing a round of Mansions of Madness:

“I’ve never played this game before, so you’ll have to guide me.”
“We’re all going to die.”

“I think reffing Cthulhu kind of suits you. I don’t know why.”

“I’m not like A, I’m merciless.”

“I’m a knucklehead. What does a knucklehead need? A pickaxe.”

“We’re wise to your moves.”
“Well, not really.”

“Does your character have dynamite?”
“No.”
“If so, you chose the wrong starting equipment!”

“OMG, that’s so awesome! I mean … oh.”

“Did you just Google Image Search our names and pick the first image?”

“You’ve got a Hound of Tindalos in the same room as you. You don’t mind, do you?”
“Nah, it’s at the other side of the room, I’ll be fine.”

“Unseen Wind, what does that do?”
“You fart in our general direction?”

“It’s turning into a Quentin Tarantino film.”

“Can I take your Sanity?” (while putting the game away)

At the time of writing, we're not 100% sure of what we're doing next session, but a new Delta Green adventure seems very likely!