Pages

He wasn't dying a moment ago

We went into some kind of other-dimensional house with a magic lift (elevator) and got stuck in various rooms and it wasn't necessarily all fun and games. Someone came upon a chained-up vampire that he decided to free (because why not?) and another room had a booze collection and Elgar records that simply weren't up to Elgar's usual standard.

And then Florence Nightingale turned out to be a bad guy, because these things tend to happen in M&M. :D

Courtesy of Sunday 22 January 2017's Mutants & Masterminds adventure at Odin's Table.


“I don’t get socks OR mugs for Christmas. What do I get?”
“Disappointment.”

“I’m not sure Michael Gove is even human or some kind of pork mannequin.”

“I go find a secluded spot away from all the dickheads.”

“You’ve vacuum-packed his remains?”
“Yes, I’ve vacuum-packed him in rubber.”

GM: “You need to find some intel.”
Player: “Intel!” (rolls dice)
GM: “You can’t just roll a die! I know you’ve not roleplayed in a long time, but that’s not how it works.”

“You coming?”
“I’m getting too old for this.”
“That’s a yes!”

GM: “I’ve prepared a map with miniatures and dice because my daughter isn’t here!”

“Don’t you wanna be this guy?” (holds up figurine)
“Plastic Man? How about no?”

“Sleight of Hand! It’s a remnant of my former life.”
“As a concert pianist?”
“Yes, let’s go with that. It sounds more legal than street urchin.”

“Maybe I’m a friend you haven’t met yet!”
“Oh my god, it’s a motivational speaker.”

Player: “Such a trigger-happy Irishman. Are you sure he’s not in the IRA?”
Players who heard above comment: (exchange aghast looks)

“For someone with super hearing, you’re really bad at listening.”

“He’s dying.”
“He wasn’t a moment ago, though.”

“He’s a vampire and we don’t feed people to vampires!”

“You didn’t even say ‘top o’ the mornin’ to ya’.”
“No, because I’m not a stereotype. - He says, picking up four bottles of alcohol.”

GM: “I’m gonna need Initiative from everyone, because this has all gone to shit.”

GM: “Make me an Acrobatics check because there are nine fucking people in this lift.”

GM: “There’s a lot of blood.”
Player: “Scoop it back it! Scoop it back in!”

Player: “Florence Nightingale is a bad guy?! Is this something I can see?”
GM: “Yes, you’re in the room. Also: you’re holding your guts in.”

(justifying using “woman!” as an insult)
“It’s appropriate for the time period!”
“Yes, YOU’RE appropriate for the time period!”

GM: “You just end up licking her wing. I’m sure there’s a market for that somewhere.”

“We have an understanding.”
“In your head.”

“I go to where Vlad is.”
“Black!”
“I call him Vlad now.”

“Guys, I EAT people and you disgust me. All of you.”

“Let’s get out of here.”
“Quite right, there’s a cup of tea somewhere and it’s not going to drink itself.”

“I’m going dark in the lightest possible way.”

To be continued!