Pages

Spiders and reapers and fairies, oh my!

We continue our venture into Davokar Forest. There be swarms of spiders. We fought them off and got out of there. They were delicious. (They were represented by pieces of salty liquorice, so your mileage may vary.)

Then we found a group of treasure hunters who wondered if they could join us for the night (we said no), followed by a Necromage coming to attack them because someone in that group had decided to steal something of its. They died, it took its thing back and went away.

And then there was a wizard with fire-y bodyguards that turned out to be part of Elindra's arch enemy hindrance. Fun times were had. And by that I mean death (theirs).

Courtesy of Monday 5 November 2018's Symbaroum session.

Symbaroum logo

GM: “What does the assassin, sorry, elf … witch hunter ... human do?”

Player: “We can use these.” (takes out some sweets to represent monsters)
GM: “I have spider pictures.
Player: “Yeah, but then we have to LOOK at them.”
GM: “I take your point.”

“Magic is shit in this system and we haven’t even really used any yet!”

“That’s like a ‘fusion blocks aren’t a weapon’ talk!”

“I need to …”
“Murder something!”

“It’s a Necromage.”
“That sounds like a friendly thing.”

GM: “He keels over dead. No wounds on him that you can see.”
Player: “Ain’t no Medicus healin’ that.”

Necromage: “Mine!”
Murmei: “I think they’ve taken something of its.”
Elindra: “You IDIOTS!”

“The power of Advantage.”
“Could you NOT help the evil thing, you think?!”

Elindra (to Necromage): “That guy over there on the stretcher said he loved you and wants to stay with you!”
GM: “Roll Persuasion!”

Elindra: “Well, that was interesting. – I say and go loot the bodies.”

“Spiders and reapers and fairies, oh my!”

(GM holds up bags of cardboard monster cut-outs)
Player: “The GM has planned encounter people. This is terrifying.”

“I shoot the wizard in the face!”
“Why? You could just run twice.”
“You can run twice?”

Player 1 (to P2’s d20): “I appreciate your attempt at being betray dice, but THIS is the master, YOU’RE the apprentice. Shut up and do as you’re told!”
Player 2: (succeeds roll)
Player 1: “See? It listened to me.”

GM: “Aren’t you happy now you took an Arch Enemy?”
Valgai: “Yes, I’m very happy I didn’t choose it!”

GM: “That’s the spell you needed.”
Murmei: “Spells? Who needs spells?”

To be continued!