Pages

An adventuring party? Here? With OUR dice rolls?

In this first proper instalment of the new adventure, we eventually managed to name our airship - The Lady Peregrin (yes, Ladyhawk was a consideration) - and take it to Myth Drannor and when out adventurising we ended up inside some kind of beast. It was okay, we killed it before it killed us. It was admittedly very close, because our dice rolls were garbage most of the night.

We made friends with Viconia, a Drow battle cleric of Kelemvor. We learned about the Silent Forge, and how it's headed by a red wizard of Thay (Elani's favourite people) who is also a lich. Yay, combo bonus!

And we finished off by getting an unsettling dream about three Orc gods who were now among the greater gods. What does this even mean???

Courtesy of Monday 11 June 2018's Godbound session.

Godbound logo

“Get a PC. Join the master race.”
“I have a PC. It just runs Linux.”

“How do you kill a Baal child? Kill them and resurrect them!”

GM: “His name is Abazigal.”
Player 1: “… You can write that down.”
Player 2: “Abazi-what?”
GM: “Abazigal.”
Player 2: “Did he write the Necronomicon?”

“So in a Crimewatch way, he has known connections to Baldur’s Gate.”

GM: “Is anyone writing this down?”
Player 1: “We lost our note-taker a long time ago.”
Player 2: “And we still suffer for it.”
Player 1: “But the GMs don’t have to.”

“Should we take a boat up there and effectively smite the heathens?”

GM: “Have you named the ship yet?”
Player 1: “Godwoken.”
Player 2: “Why not just call it ‘Lady Vengeance’ and be done with it?”
Player 1: “Ahh, complete plagiarism.”

“No, not Vengeance, that’s not really us. Lady …”
“Serenity? Heart of Gold? Enterprise? Millennium Falcon?”

GM: “One of the crew comes up to you and suggests ‘Skywaltz’.”
Party (instantly): “No.”

GM: “There are some near misses.”
Elani: “Any involving Varion’s statue?”
GM: “No.”
Elani: “Damn.”

GM: “I’m not getting monsters prepared, I’m just moving papers around.”
Player (unconvinced): “Sure.”

Player 1: “Have we walked into the mouth or something?”
Player 2: “I am Muad’Dib.”
GM: “Cheeky.”

“I trust him like a character we’ve adventured with.”
“I didn’t even trust him when we adventured with him.”

“I didn’t make this character a pyromaniac, but me personally …”

“I look hurt, by the way.”
“Good for you. I don’t think either of us can help you.”

GM: “That’s one way of describing it.”
Player: “The correct way?”

“You hate the undead so much you must be an expert.”

Player: “We need to get to the heart of this thing so Gunda can kill it.”
GM (laughing): “With HER dice rolls?!”

“You spend the time to make an indestructible umbrella?”

(to Denethor, re: airship)
Viconia: “So what are you trying to compensate for?”

Denethor: “I’m not an interrogator. I don’t like killing things. I more enjoy creating things, unlike my friend here, who’s …”
Gunda: “Homicidal?”
Elani: “Aww, thank you! You flatter me!”

“Dungeons in a temple sounds like forward planning.”

Player: “Did he shit himself as a pigeon or a human?”
GM: “Both.”
Player: “Impressive.”

(impressed by Denethor’s crafting skills)
Viconia: “I could’ve done with you years ago.”
Denethor: “It’s not a parlour trick.”
Viconia: “Sure.”

Elani: “I LIKE her.”
Gunda: “Get a room!”
Elani: “Oooh, that’s an idea. This is why I need the Fertility word!”

“Maybe he has my skills, maybe –”
“It’s Maybelline.”

Gunda: “Denethor, why are you trying to turn Elani into a Necromancer?”

Player: “If we find their nest, someone has to say ‘‘S up liches!’”
GM: “Damn. I hate you. I was going to use that later.”

To be continued!