Pages

Spider bugmen shouldn't exist

The ominous footsteps turned out to belong to a group of enemies the GM wasn't entirely sure we'd manage to defeat before they murdered us (thanks) - but we did succeed. It took a while to beat all the Arachs and the mummy creature and draghouls and rage trolls with larvae goitres and stuff like that. It was messy.

Even Xanatha ended up getting permanent corruption, because "the Spider King rises" and it's all very bad when creepy spider bugmen type creatures attack. Especially when those aren't even supposed to exist, they should stay being a myth.

Erdugald isn't very nice, but on the plus side (which I meant to mention two posts ago but forgot) Valgai now has Witchsight, and that's ever so handy.

Courtesy of Monday 21 October 2019's Symbaroum session.

Symbaroum logo

GM: “They’re called Arachs.”
Player: “Bless you?”

“You succeeded because we’re a skilled, tactical group.”
“No, I used XP to re-roll.”
“We’re. A. Skilled. Tactical. Group.”

GM: “I should really ask you for an order, but I can’t be bothered at the moment. We’ll see if it makes a difference.”

Valgai: “We open the door and look before going through. We’re not that insane. Yet.”

GM: “Roll Vigilance.”
Player: “I hate you.”

Valgai: “I’m going to hate this trip even more than the last one. I didn’t even think that was possible. Thanks, Davokar.”

“It’s the sane thing to do, right?”
“Relatively.”

“Do I pass my Resolute check? YES, I FUCKING WELL DO!”

“What’s the penalty to hit? IT DOESN’T MATTER, ‘CAUSE I ROLLED A NATURAL 1!”

“When the murderbot can’t hit, I feel violated!”

GM: “He has a black belt …”
Player: “In what? Judo? Karate?”

“I’ve not used all the XP I got last session. The things I do for Team Not Killing Everyone.”

GM: “Not dead for a long time, more … not saveable.”
Player: “I think ‘corpse’ gave that away.”

To be continued!