Pages

THAT'S how you kill someone!

Elindra had a look around town and came across some shady people in an inn. The other two went to the Ordo Magica, as it would probably be prudent for Murmei to report for duty now that he's in town. The surly gatekeeper wasn't too happy with us trying to skimp on formalities, especially not when we kept coming and going all the time.

Turned out "Master Vernam" had signed himself in the ledger after his untimely demise and taken a book out of the library. A book on how to break links to objects, such as that crown that the elves were looking for.

Puzzle pieces suddenly came together and we tracked down the skin-stealer, the book and the skull/crown thing. Valgai very nearly died, what with going down to zero hit points because his Bale dice have "always had a personality". A murderous one at that, it seems. ("More of a chaotic neutral screw you roller dice.") The GM rubbed it in a bit extra a few days later: "Just thought I highlight that failing 11 and below on 6 rolls in a row is about 0.83%".

Well, at least it turned out alright in the end. Bad guys dead, us still alive, book and creepy skull/crown combo artefact recovered. Now where to put the crown so that no one else thinks it's a good idea to put it on?

Courtesy of Monday 15 October 2018's Symbaroum session.

Symbaroum logo

“Yorkshire puddings are like pancake muffins, but really NICE.”

Valgai: “Find the killer, not a body.”
Elindra: “If I find the killer, I will bring back a body.”
Valgai: “That’s not what I meant, but okay.”

Valgai: “How do you like your new abode?”
Murmei: “It’s a bit bloodier than I normally like my houses.”

GM: “Never split the party.”
Player: “We always split the party these days.”

GM: “Discreet and blatant don’t really go together …”

Elindra: “That noble is my friend.”
Murmei (overjoyed): “She thinks of me as her FRIEND!”

“You keep talking too much, you’ll have to roll a die.”

Elindra: “I only kill them once, I don’t have to kill them again.”
GM: “Or DO you?”

Player: “I would’ve passed without it, by the way!”
GM: “But now you didn’t need to.”

“Don’t worry, if you come back dead, I’ll avenge you.”
“No, you won’t.”
“No. I won’t, you’re right.”

“If I kill her and she dies, she’s innocent?”

“What is the ritual of Break Link?”
“Something to do with the Legend of Zelda?”

GM: “She approves of you.”
Player (mutters): “Damn wizards.”

“Are you doing the Time Warp? It sounds like you’re doing the Time Warp.”

Murmei: “We shouldn’t touch it.”
Elindra: “No shit? I will now call you Sherlock.”

“Would you like to roll a different die?”

Valgai: “THAT’S how you kill someone!”
Elindra: “Kill-stealer.”

To be continued!