Pages

It's fun to heal at the OMHQ!

Valgai got the minimum amount of healing possible from someone at the Ordo Magica because dice are evil. We also delivered the book back to Master Eufrynda, who was so delighted with us she gave us another task we could do. Someone had gone missing in the Davokar forest and would we mind awfully going after them?

Yes, yes we would, but here we are, putting together an expedition and planning to escape the town unnoticed ...

Speaking of unnoticed, Elindra was trying her hardest to spread misinformation around the beggars and cutpurses ... but was so terrible at Persuasion she ended up murdering a whole bunch instead. C'est la vie?

Courtesy of Monday 22 October 2018's Symbaroum session.

Symbaroum logo

GM: “I need to retcon/clarify a few things from last time. Dying.”
Valgai’s player: “Why? Why would that possibly be relevant?”

“He now has a level of Paranoia. Good! That level of paranoia is healthy.”

NPC (to Valgai after patching him up): “You’ll need about a week’s bed rest.”
Murmei: “That’s okay, we don’t have any plans.”
GM: “Because the GM isn’t going to throw things in your way.”
Murmei: “Of course not.”

GM: “While they argue about the finer points on how you write your book …”

Master Eufrynda: “Young man!”
Player: “There’s no need to feel down!”

(rolling dice)
“Just getting it out of the way.”
“Using up all the low rolls already?”
“Hey!”

“Do your enemies have a house name?”
“Yes. It’s, uh … Housename.”
“Damn, those Housenames are cunning.”

Murmei (delighted): “She LIKES me!”
Valgai: “No, she just sees you as a payday.”

GM: “I will read one, no, TWO mood pieces to you.”
Player 1: “Oooh, special treatment!”
Player 2: “You’re spoiling us!”

GM: “You can’t jump between the buildings, the street is too wide. You can easily fit two wagons side by side.”
Player: “Unless you’re an anime character.”
Elindra: “I COULD be an anime character if I had that Balanced greatsword!”

GM: “... Are you talking about this in Eufrynda’s room?”
Murmei: “Yes. I’m intelligent, not wise.”

GM: “Roll Cunning with some bonuses.”
Player: (still fails by 1)
GM: “Then I need you to roll Discreet with a -3 penalty.”
Player: “So I need to roll 3 or below?” (rolls a 3)
(pause)
GM: “FINE! I’ll give it to you!”

“If he hears it he hears it, if he doesn’t he doesn’t. – He doesn’t hear it.”
“You were TOO discreet.”

Player: “Is your Persuasion terrible?”
Elindra: “Yes. There’ll be a lot fewer cutpurses in the town once I’m done.”

Valgai: “We didn’t know you were murdering beggars at the time.”
Elindra: “Cutpurses.”
Valgai: “Sure.”

Valgai: “Saving the queen isn’t that interesting.”
Elindra: “Not to you maybe, you’re already a noble.”

GM: “You see NOTHING inside. It’s pitch black, like he’s being swallowed by the house.”
Player: “That’s … not normal.”
GM: “That depends on your definition of normal, doesn’t it?”

Elindra: “I don’t kill my employers. I’m a witch hunter.”
GM: “And how did you come to join the witch hunters? By killing your employer!”
Elindra: “It was before I learned about ethics.”

Valgai (explaining the plan): “… But we’re actually going north into the forest.”
Murmei (anxiously): “But at night? In the dark?”

Valgai: “I have an idea.”
GM: “You’re inside.”
Valgai: “When you come back in, I have an idea.”
Murmei: “Fake beard?”

“I got an orteg! It’s the first time I’ve got an orteg on my character sheet.”
“I’ve heard of frugal people, but …”

“Time out! You’re the WORST person for doing this!”
“I know.”
“That’s what you get for min-maxing.”

Elindra: “Beggars.”
Valgai: “What about them?”
Player: “They can’t be choosers.”

Player: “You forgot one arch enemy.” (holds up d20)
GM: “Oh, but it goes after you regardless of what I do.”

GM: “I said it would be two more sessions. It will be more like three. Possibly four.”

To be continued!