Pages

The GM is God

Last session ended on a cliffhanger, with a bunch of Netheril showing up at our new digs in Saerloon asking for their tithe. We said, not verbatim, "u wot, mate?" and declared our spa church an independent enclave. They responded by fencing us in and telling us we could jolly well stay there, then.

Gond didn't respond well to this, went on a bit of a murder spree and destroyed the portal. He, with some backup, went to destroy another couple of portals, because screw those guys.

The B team reunited with Varion, who seemed ill. Turned out he was covered in various runes, which he couldn't see (the rest of us could), and that were draining him of divine energy. Red wizard shenanigans! We have now thought of a reason why he'd be doing that kind of thing - maybe it's all a ploy to become divine? - and also have a good idea of the identity of said red wizard. He might also be hanging out in some kind of ship about a mile off the ground ... now, where have we heard about THAT before?

Courtesy of Monday 20 May 2019's Godbound session.

Godbound logo

GM: “I’m not an unjust god.”
Player: “You mean GM.”
GM: “No, I meant god.”

“He calls me ‘dwarf’, what would be appropriate to call him back?”
“‘Dickface’?”

“I’m not starting a war today.”
“Why not? Today is as good as any, isn’t it?”

“Has he pissed off Elminster?”
“Who HASN’T Varion pissed off?”

“They do RAW, Rules As Written by their gods. I do RAI, Rules As Intended.”

“That’s prophecy foresight. I didn’t know he had that.”

“If I were a betting man … which I used to be, it’s how I made my money.”

To be continued!