Pages

You are defeated, I have the moral high ground!

As it was a bank holiday we convened earlier and started by playing The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle Earth boardgame. We did not succeed with our mission, sadly.

Then we went into the edges of Davokar, pretty much, on the hunt for the escaped gargoyle. We found it - or it found us - and it decided to attack Elindra. She got two permanent corruption for her trouble. Fortunately we had given that seed to the witch in a previous session, which she had grown to a tree that can remove permanent corruption, so she's "only" on one now.

The engagement between Murmei and Elsiosi Garlaka went ahead, and she left town with Murmei's mum. Not before trying to convince Murmei that Elindra is just a mercenary who doesn't really care about him and would turn against him as soon as someone else paid her more than he did.

As a parting gift Elindra and Valgai were given bottles of expensive wine, as a thank you for looking after Murmei. Valgai re-gifted one of the bottles to Elsiosi's brother, who was visibly uncomfortable by it. HMMMM. The party decided to try the wine on a rat, but all that happened was that the rat got drunk. Did that mean the wine wasn't poisoned, or was it maybe a human-only poison somehow? Because even Murmei finally had to admit something fishy was going on with his future wife.

Courtesy of Monday 26 August 2019's Symbaroum session.

Symbaroum logo

“Throwing Spider? Well, it would make ME turn and run away.”

“I could play Legolas and then we’ll outnumber Gimli. I bet that’ll make him happy.”
“I’m playing Gimli. Whenever have you seen him happy?”

Player 1: “I’m Captain.”
Player 2: “I’m itchy.”
Player 3: “We’re scratchy.”
Player 1: “It’s a show.”

“Where are we running?”
“I’d say the rest of the map.”

“Wait, can you toss me? I’m up for it!”

“Some people just want Davokar to burn.”
“That particular part of Davokar CAN burn!”

“Are you Bruce Bannering the Hulk?”

Player: “So now we have eight months to kill her or kill Murmei.”
Murmei: “I don’t like the sound of any of that.”

“Hairy Dog’s kind of attractive for a spider, I guess. Go and have fun.”

Witch NPC: “I need you to swear you’ll never tell anyone where it is.”
Elindra: “I would never.”
Player: “You’d never swear?!”

Elindra: “Murmei, Valgai and Vizell are the only ones who know about my spider.”
Player: “And we’re freaked the fuck out.”

Elindra: “I wouldn’t murder you even for money.”
Murmei: “Aww!”

Valgai: “Elindra, when have you EVER been able to take the moral high ground?”

“So what do I get for creating my own rat abomination?”

To be continued!