Pages

Two Thieves and What Am I Doing Here?

One of the group went on a well-deserved holiday and the rest of us decided to spend the following two sessions playing the boardgame Gloomhaven, which comes in what's possibly the biggest boardgames box ever. It's YUUUUGE.

We played a Mindthief, a Scoundrel, and a Tinkerer. Lots and lots of tokens. Fun game, though! :)

Courtesy of Monday 13 August 2018's Gloomhaven session:

“Is the number initiative?”
“Yes.”
“Is high or low good?”
“Yes.”

(After we’d named our characters Monday, Friday and … Queasadilla)
Queasadilla: “My name seems more inspired now by comparison.”

“What do we call the party? Two thieves … and what am I doing here?”

“Someone’s inspired by Jasper Fforde.”
“Well, it's more Monday stabs you in the back … and today is Monday.”

“I’m poisoned.”
“That’s fine.”
“It’s not fine! I’m poisoned until I’m healed!”

Aaaaand courtesy of Monday 20 August 2018's Gloomhaven session:

“As you go through … oj oj oj oj oj.”
“You’re not making good sounds.”

“So you CAN move onto the gold.”
“When in rogue …”

“If you go before me, then you … go before me.”

“You took away the card that heals allies.”
“I’m only on 4 HP. What’s the worst that could happen?”

“This is the weapon you want to have, because I think a rogue with a war hammer would be STUNNING.”

Back to Symbaroum next time!