Pages

Time for some thrilling heroics

Booker (or technically Barnabus Dayson - have I mentioned he had a make-over and a name change?), pretending to be Sergeant Anderson, got picked up by Coalition States troups and brought into Lone Star. Meanwhile, Jayson and Gorbash hid a bit away from there, waiting for The Signal.

While he didn't manage to get an audience with the Emperor, undercover Booker did manage to get close enough to lob the Orb of Solomon at him. It grew in size and out popped the naked lady. She was quickly shot to pieces and as things were kicking off, Booker got out of there.

Eventually finding his way to lab and shown the way by monkeys who showed him the way out - or at least the way to the rats.

The Signal was signalled, as it were, and Gorbash turned himself and Jayson invisible and flew in. Who'd have thought his Dance skill finally came into good use, dodging through the air? The duo reunited with Booker and a magic portal was opened to a bit further away, everyone got out just in time for the Coalition States to set off 16 missiles on where we had just been!

And then we flew a bit further away, but as we hadn't teleported away we managed to get away alive. And it does seem like the Orb of Solomon was successfully delivered to the Emperor. Question is how he's going to use it.

Courtesy of Monday 27 January 2020's Rifts roleplaying session.


“I can rub my own balls. I normally do.”
“What are we talking about?!”

GM: “No, let’s go with propaganda machine.”

“I don’t think 35 MDC armour will do much if shit goes south.”

(to GM) “We’re not discussing anything about me betraying the party! Put the book down!”

Player: “He’s doing maths, guys! Complicated maths!”
GM: “No. Not complicated.”

“If this fails, you have my permission to melt this d20. I’ll leave it with you and expect to never see it again.”

“Has the Emperor downloaded the Intersect?”

GM: “I like how the excuses are coming hard at the moment.”

“Whatever it says in the book: bullshit.”

“The Emperor’s protected by the plot?”
“Okay, this isn’t good.”

Wednesday 29 January 2020:

“I might have a plot hole.”
“As big as a Super SAMAS?”

Booker: “I told you to leave!”
Jayson: “Yes, but we’re big, damn heroes.”
Booker: “I resent being a hero. Big damn, sure. Idiot, assassin, handsome devil, married man …”

GM: “It’s not half of Coalition States out there. There are MANY more.”

“I thought it was a good idea.”
“Eating Booker? Nom nom nom nom …”
“Well, not chewing …”

“It’s almost like Emperor Prosek has protection against magical assassins.”
“Yeah. Bastard.”

“Thrilling heroics!”
“There’s nothing heroic about stupidity.”

“Don’t jinx it!”
“I have to jinx it, I’m Booker.”

“The Jabberwocky poem pre-dates Wolverine! Or does it? He’s been around a while.”

GM: “Not killing anyone would definitely give bonus XP in this game. If we did XP.”

“Necklace or nothing!”
“I could do you a cock ring.”

To be continued!