Pages

Anybody who is anybody will soon walk through that door

It's 1922 and the Mangano crime family are keeping their part of New York, uh, safe? Going about their daily lives, three cousins run a speakeasy and a gambling den, things like that. One day they're told they're going to be Made Men (and Woman), and have the ceremony with lots of booze ... and the next thing they know they black out, and when they wake up they're in pools of blood and lack a pulse.

Huh.

It didn't go so well for little Lottie, whose mind was somewhat ... fractured in the process. At least her sire brought her a snack. Val discovered that while he might still bite the first hobo he came across, he wasn't going to eat him without first cleaning the guy's neck. Frankie decided to be cautious and not eat a cop, but instead went for a canoodling couple, because hey, dinner AND dessert! (He even offered some to his sire, who wasn't as impressed as he expected.)

This was sort of session zero, in which we get to know the characters and take them through the traumatic lovely memorable experience of being turned into vampires. Turns out the Cosa Nostra is a bit bloodier than expected ...

Starring:
  • Carlotta "Lottie" Mangano, Malkavian flapper girl
  • Frankie "Fatso" Mangano, Brujah speakeasy bootlegger
  • Valtena (Val) "Pretty Boy" Mangano, Toreador gambling den maestro

Courtesy of Saturday 4 April 2020's Vampire: The Masquerade session.

Vampire the Masquerade text logo

“That’s not what I said. I said /r space 5d10.”
“Well, that’s not what I heard!”

“I’m still not drinking. I’ll be a lot more fun in a little bit.”

“Wits Survival?! Hahaha, we’re fucked!”

“If this is what it feels like to take drugs, I don’t think we should be selling them no more.”

Val: “This is like the time I had to do the guy in the meatgrinder.”

Frankie: “I know they say I don’t have a heart, but now it’s like I DON’T HAVE A HEART!”

Lottie: “Do you think I should eat Daddy?”

GM: “There’s a gentleman leaning against the wall. When I say gentleman, I mean hobo.”

“I’m not racist, but the world is.”

“Do we need to talk about consent?”
“It’s the 1920s! Ain’t no such thing as consent!”
“Screaming, flailing ladies do not want cups of tea!”

Lottie: “A family that eats together stays together, that’s what my momma always used to say.”
Julius: “A family that slays together stays together.”
Lottie: “That’s even better! That’ll be the new one for now!”

To be continued!