Pages

Smite, smote, smitten

In this round-up post of the last of the Godbound campaign for now, we did some big battle scenes, but they don't render well into quotes because it's a bunch of dice rolling that keeps you busy. It involved going to Thay, where it turned out Varion used to be one of the Red Wizards. (Elani wasn't impressed, but I don't think any of us were in fairness.)

We connected to Faerûn's world engine so that was finally stabilised and fixed and thus because proper gods, and in the end managed to convince Mystra to give us a chance to show that we're fixing things so there's really no need to unleash an apocalypse after all. We did good. Praise be to us!

Courtesy of Monday 26 May + 1/8/15/22 June 2020's Godbound session. Technically also 18 May, but all we really did that session was to level up and have a massive battle, so we weren't particularly amusing.

Godbound logo

Viconia: “I hop, skip and jump through the portal.”
Alwin: “I do not. I walk through in a dignified way, for I am a knight.”
Viconia: “Hop, skip and jump is the dignified way to walk through portals.”

GM: (describes gaudy, red tower)
Player: “At least we know the Red Wizards don’t have taste.”

“Yeah but your ship survived.”

“Does that make it a draco-Sith? Hashtag you’re welcome.”

GM: “Welcome to Godbound: The End Times.”
Player: “Dun-dun-DUUUN.”
GM: “Well, it depends on how the next five minutes go.”

GM: “The ship is not a carriable item and it’s not a companion.”

Player 1: “Oh, you wrote it down. I was waiting for you to say something.”
GM: “Yes, I wrote it down in the chat.”
Player 2: “But by writing it down, it makes it so much simpler.”

Elani: “I have to think about how to escalate the situation.”
Player 1: “Don’t you mean de-escalate?”
Player 2: “I don’t think she does.”

Denethor: “… OR YOU WILL BE SMITED.”
Player: “Smote? Smitten?”
GM: “Smite thee?”

Elani: “I’m not a fake dragon!!! I BITE Denethor!”

GM: “He’s likely to lose within a round or two and is possibly dead.”
Player: “Cool.”

GM: “How big’s a football field?”
Player: “Are you really asking NERDS how big a football field is?”

The End ... for now.

(I do apologise for having a shit memory and not writing enough stuff down to remember things after they happened. I aim to improve this by the next game we play, which on Mondays going forward will be Deadlands: Lost Colony, which we've not played before.)